Created: 24 January 2017
GUIDELINES AND GENERAL INFORMATION FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
Topic for abstracts of free paper and poster presentation must be relevant to Endocrinology Area. Please kindly pay attention to the following guidelines
1. General Guidelines
- There are two types of presentation: Poster and oral (podium) presentation
- Committee will decide on the final presentation type (oral presentation or poster)
- Please keep to the limit of 350 words including title and abstract text
- Please write the author’s name and affiliation
- Please Note: graphs / tables / images should not be included in the abstract.
- Abstract should be prepared in Microsoft Word, using a 12 point Arial text font with single line spacing
- It is the author's responsibility to submit a correct abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact will be reproduced as typed by the author.
- The abstract should have a short, specific title (containing no abbreviations) that indicates the nature of the investigation. Title should be in uppercase & boldface font. The title should not exceed 20 words
- Abstract must be accompanied by payment of the registration fees. If the abstract is sub sequently not accepted for presentation, the registration fee will be refunded to the author if the author decides not to join the AOCE Meeting.
2. How to name and send the abstract
- File name format: Presenter name-abstract name
- Last date for submission of abstract is Monday, 27th August 2018
- Notification of abstracts acceptance will be sent by e-mail
3. Abstract Guidelines (350 words)
- Background/Rationale: Indicate the purpose and objective of the research, the hypothesis that was tested or a description of the problem being analyzed or evaluated
- Methods: Describe the setting/location for the study, study design, study population, data collection and methods of analysis used
- Results: Present as clearly and detailed as possible the findings/outcome of the study, with specific results in summarized form. Inclusion of gender breakdown of data is strongly encouraged
- Findings or Conclusion: briefly discuss the data and main outcome of the study. Do not begin sentences with numerals. Standard abbreviations may be used without definition
4. Instructions for the Preparation of Oral Presentations
When combining video films with PowerPoint for oral presentation, please note the following points:
- Please note that the conference computers in the session halls are being supplied with Windows 7 and Office 2013.
- Insert pictures as JPG or PNG files (and not TIF or PICT - these images will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC).
- Use a common movie format, such as MP4 and WMV (MOV files from QuickTime will not be Visible on a PowerPoint based PC).
- Presenter cannot use his or her own laptop
- Please submit the presentation file at Slide Counter at the latest 3 hours before presentation time
- Equipment Supplied: LCD Projector hooked up to a desktop or laptop, laser pointer
- Bring your presentation on USB jump/flash drive or CD
5. Instructions for the Preparation of Poster
- Each poster board measures 120 cm height and 90 cm width.
- It must fit within frame and easily readable from a distance of one meter or more. It should include brief written selections, methods, result and conclusion of presented study.